Signet Jewelers (SIG) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Signet Jewelers fell $1.83 (-4%) to $43.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Signet Jewelers exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 730,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.80-$45.72 after having opened the day at $45.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.68. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Mecox Lane (MCOX), down 17.7%, iParty Corporation (IPT), down 10.5%, Barnes & Noble (BKS), down 8.8%, and Lithia Motors (LAD), down 8.4%. Signet Jewelers Limited operates as a specialty jewelry retailer in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and the Channel Islands. The company retails jewelry, watches, and associated services. Signet Jewelers has a market cap of $3.92 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.2, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Signet Jewelers a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Signet Jewelers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Signet Jewelers Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SIG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV