Express Scripts (ESRX): Today's Featured Health Services Loser
Express Scripts (ESRX) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Express Scripts fell $1.40 (-2.6%) to $51.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.7 million shares of Express Scripts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.35-$53.18 after having opened the day at $52.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.75. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Escalon Medical Corporation (ESMC), down 20.7%, Dynacq Healthcare (DYII), down 17.1%, IsoRay (ISR), down 15.9%, and TearLab Corpoartion (TEAR), down 10%. Express Scripts Holding Company provides a range of pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services in North America. Express Scripts has a market cap of $43.13 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.8, above the average health services industry P/E ratio of 21.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Express Scripts a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Express Scripts as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Express Scripts Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV