Royal Bank of Canada (RY) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Royal Bank of Canada fell $1.44 (-2.8%) to $50.94 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Royal Bank of Canada exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 825,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.88-$52.27 after having opened the day at $52.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.38. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Central Federal (CFBK), down 14.2%, Community West (CWBC), down 11.9%, OptimumBank Holdings (OPHC), down 11.8%, and Monarch Community Bancorp (MCBF), down 11.1%. Royal Bank of Canada provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management services, insurance, corporate and investment banking, and transaction processing services under the RBC name worldwide. Royal Bank of Canada has a market cap of $75.62 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 16.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Royal Bank of Canada a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Royal Bank of Canada as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Royal Bank of Canada Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV