Intersil Corporation (ISIL): Today's Featured Technology Winner
Intersil Corporation (ISIL) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Intersil Corporation rose 10 cents (0.9%) to $10.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Intersil Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.42-$10.69 after having opened the day at $10.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.55. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Friendfinder Networks (FFN), up 48.7%, Pansoft Company (PSOF), up 23.6%, Enova Systems (ENA), up 18.7%, and Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution (KONE), up 17.5%. Intersil Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits for applications in the industrial, computing, consumer, and communications electronics markets. Intersil Corporation has a market cap of $1.35 billion and is part of the electronics industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.2, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Intersil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Intersil Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Intersil Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV