Children's Place Retail Stores (PLCE) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.2%. By the end of trading, Children's Place Retail Stores rose $2.56 (5.8%) to $47.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Children's Place Retail Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 683,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.79-$49.76 after having opened the day at $45.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.53. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Media General (MEG), up 33.1%, China Yida (CNYD), up 18.8%, Trans World Entertainment (TWMC), up 17.5%, and UTEK (INV), up 16.3%. The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc. operates as a children's specialty apparel retailer in North America. It provides apparel, accessories, and shoes for children from newborn to 10 years of age. Children's Place Retail Stores has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.9, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 15.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Children's Place Retail Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Children's Place Retail Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Children's Place Retail Stores Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PLCE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV