Arch Capital Group (ACGL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Arch Capital Group rose 25 cents (0.6%) to $39.16 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Arch Capital Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 602,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.54-$39.31 after having opened the day at $38.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.91. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Kingstone Companies (KINS), up 20.6%, Flagstone Reinsurance Holdings (FSR), up 2.8%, Kingsway Financial Services (KFS), up 1.7%, and Triple-S Management Corporation (GTS), up 1.7%. Arch Capital Group Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides insurance and reinsurance products worldwide. It operates in two segments, Insurance and Reinsurance. Arch Capital Group has a market cap of $5.29 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Arch Capital Group a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Arch Capital Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Arch Capital Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ACGL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV