Medicines (MDCO): Today's Featured Health Care Winner
Medicines (MDCO) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2%. By the end of trading, Medicines rose 23 cents (1.1%) to $21.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 515,116 shares of Medicines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 399,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.12-$21.90 after having opened the day at $21.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.10. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Galena Biopharma (GALE), up 28%, EntreMed (ENMD), up 13.1%, Biodel (BIOD), up 11.4%, and Stereotaxis (STXS), up 7.4%. The Medicines Company, a pharmaceutical company, provides various medicines to hospitals for advancing the treatment of critical care patients worldwide. Medicines has a market cap of $1.17 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.4, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Medicines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Medicines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Medicines Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV