Veeco Instruments (VECO) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.2%. By the end of trading, Veeco Instruments rose 18 cents (0.5%) to $34.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Veeco Instruments exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.30-$35.70 after having opened the day at $34.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.31. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Enova Systems (ENA), up 18.7%, Superconductor Technologies (SCON), up 10.9%, SunPower Corporation (SPWR), up 10%, and First Solar (FSLR), up 6.7%. Veeco Instruments Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets various equipments to make light emitting diodes (LEDs) and hard-disk drives worldwide. Veeco Instruments has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, below the average electronics industry P/E ratio of 15.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 73.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Veeco Instruments a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Veeco Instruments as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Veeco Instruments Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VECO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV