Quality Systems Inc. (QSII): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Winner
Quality Systems (QSII) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Quality Systems rose 30 cents (1%) to $30.01 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Quality Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 586,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.03-$30.50 after having opened the day at $29.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.71. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Pansoft Company (PSOF), up 23.6%, Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution (KONE), up 17.5%, KongZhong Corporation (KONG), up 12.3%, and Ninetowns Technology Group Company (NINE), up 8.3%. Quality Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops and markets healthcare information systems in the United States. The company operates through four divisions: QSI Dental, NextGen, Inpatient Solutions, and Practice Solutions. Quality Systems has a market cap of $1.76 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.1, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Quality Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Quality Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Quality Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV