How Open Conversation Between Moms, Marketers Earns Influence
Sargento recently ran a program where 150 bloggers were invited to educate their communities around natural cheese versus processed cheese. Each blogger received a testing kit and were asked to taste, smell and write about their experience. Minute Clinic with 600 clinics across 25 states debuted in social media at the 2011 BlogHer conference and was overwhelmed with the positive response from bloggers. Director of Marketing Kristine McGee says Minute Clinic is focused on nurturing relationships with a quality base of mom bloggers. "If there is a virus outbreak we can spread important information through our base of bloggers and their readers can seek immediate health care through their nearest Minute Clinic".
Like any powerful movement, Mom 2.0 inspired Doug French and John Pacini to catalyze Dad 2.0 where marketers, social media leaders, and blogging parents connect to discuss the changing voice and perception of modern fatherhood.
Doug felt there was a need to represent the dads who are proud to take on the parenting role and share their experiences. And brands are reaching out to influential dads who blog too. Recently, Kimberly-Clark's Huggies brand was accused of portraying dad as too dumb to change diapers, and as a result, Huggies reached out to a group of dad bloggers and listened to their feedback.Editor's note: Got a question for our guest blogger? Leave a message in the comments below. About the guest blogger: Maria Sipka is co-founder and CEO at Linqia, a soon to launch San Francisco technology startup. Linqia is matching brands with influential community leaders who share authentic digital content and meaningful stories among targeted groups of people. Follow Maria on Twitter at @mariasipka. This post was originally posted at Women 2.0. The mission of Women 2.0 is to increase the number of female founders of technology startups. Women 2.0 enables entrepreneurs with a network, resources and knowledge to take your startup from idea to launch. Follow Women 2.0 on Twitter at @women2 or check out www.women2.org.
- How Uber's Shady Firing Policy Could Backfire On The Company
- Tucson Shooting Survivor: Here's Why Kroger Should Change Its Gun Policy
- Want To Be A Millionaire In Retirement? Start Saving 10% Of Your Salary In Your 20s.
- Congress Proposes Three Changes To Social Security That Make Sense
- Seafood Deception: What's Wrong With Your Shrimp
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV