Conversation CEO Frank O'Brien Stands Out In Episode Four Of AMC's 'The Pitch' For The Wrong Reasons
The Conversation team then reviews the more fully baked idea post-Orellano's touches, and an employee calls it "a dope idea."
O'Brien, with great humility, quickly tells the employee, "It's a dope idea that I came up with."
Are you kidding me?
(Spoiler alert.)In the end, Frank and his Conversation team â¿¿ he takes three others to the final pitch who say nothing â¿¿ win the PopChips business. And congratulations to O'Brien and his agency, which obviously worked hard to come up with a winning idea. The thing is, I cannot imagine anyone who would see the episode and want to work for him. And one has to wonder what the PopChips folks will think about their new agency chief after seeing the episode. Conversely, while the BooneOakley partners seem like great idea generators who simply lack direction (and their final idea, indeed, lacked direction), at least there is a sincere interest in the thoughts of their team, a genuine concern for their employees' well being, and a general respect for colleagues throughout the agency. What stands out most from episode four of The Pitch is, quite sadly, a seemingly self-centered, combative agency founder who is disliked by his employees and just may be very lonely, very soon, if he doesn't learn some modicum of appreciation for those around him.
- Amazon Under Fire: What Happens When Sales Growth Isn't Enough?
- It's About Time: Walmart Unexpectedly Fires U.S. CEO Bill Simon
- In 2012, Obamacare's Architect Agreed With 'Right-Wing' Strategy To 'Gut' Obamacare
- Singapore Real Estate Billionaire Koh Wee Meng Seeks Safer Ground In Australia
- Why I Refused A Big IRS Refund
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV