Conversation CEO Frank O'Brien Stands Out In Episode Four Of AMC's 'The Pitch' For The Wrong Reasons
The Conversation team then reviews the more fully baked idea post-Orellano's touches, and an employee calls it "a dope idea."
O'Brien, with great humility, quickly tells the employee, "It's a dope idea that I came up with."
Are you kidding me?
(Spoiler alert.)In the end, Frank and his Conversation team â¿¿ he takes three others to the final pitch who say nothing â¿¿ win the PopChips business. And congratulations to O'Brien and his agency, which obviously worked hard to come up with a winning idea. The thing is, I cannot imagine anyone who would see the episode and want to work for him. And one has to wonder what the PopChips folks will think about their new agency chief after seeing the episode. Conversely, while the BooneOakley partners seem like great idea generators who simply lack direction (and their final idea, indeed, lacked direction), at least there is a sincere interest in the thoughts of their team, a genuine concern for their employees' well being, and a general respect for colleagues throughout the agency. What stands out most from episode four of The Pitch is, quite sadly, a seemingly self-centered, combative agency founder who is disliked by his employees and just may be very lonely, very soon, if he doesn't learn some modicum of appreciation for those around him.
- Look How Uber's Investors Have Also Funded Some Of Its Biggest Critics
- Clean Sweep: F-35 Fighter Confounds Critics With Perfect Performance In First Tests At Sea
- How The GOP Can Stop Obama's Unconstitutional Immigration Power Grab
- 'Fair Share?' The Typical Beneficiary Of Obama's Illegal Immigration Plan Won't Pay Net Income Taxes
- The College Degrees With The Highest Starting Salaries In 2015
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV