NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- The so-called Facebook (FB) economy has allowed numerous startups to capitalize on the social media giant's success, but you don't necessarily have to create the next most-downloaded game app to build a business on Facebook's back.
What's more important is recognizing that when it comes to interacting with your friends and family it's not just about sharing photos, likes and status updates. From professional networking to consulting and education services, there may be no better way to position your startup than right in the middle of Facebook's 900-million user community. This growing cottage industry of companies is tailored to a person's social media presence, and without the proliferation of Facebook these businesses might not have existed in their present -- and successful, form.
"If you have a business that has a social component baked in on day one then Facebook is an incredible platform to tap into," says Rick Marini, CEO and founder of BranchOut. "What I mean by that is if you're product is enhanced by a community using it together."
BranchOut, essentially the LinkedIn (LNKD) of Facebook, is a networking service that allows Facebook users to connect with friends and family for professional reasons. In less than two years, BranchOut has reached 30 million registered users and a job board with over 3 million job posts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV