Boyd Gaming (BYD) is a multi-jurisdictional gaming company. This stock is trading up 5.3% at $7.34 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.30-$7.6752-Week Range: $4.12-$9.83 Volume: 1.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.7 million From a technical perspective, BYD is gapping up sharply higher here with decent volume right off its 200-day moving average of $7.06. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if BYD can manage to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $7.51, and then its 50-day moving average of $7.80 with high-volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1.7 million shares. If we get that action soon, I would then add to any long positions once BYD triggers an even bigger breakout trade above $8.52 with volume. A move over $8.52 with volume will set BYD up to re-test its 2012 high of $9.75. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV