Galena Biopharma (GALE) is a biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing therapies addressing unmet medical needs using RNAi-targeted and immunotherapy technologies. This stock is trading up 19% at $1.49 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.30-$1.6252-Week Range: $0.36-$3.54 Volume: 4.8 million Three-Month Average Volume: 3.3 million >>Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume From a technical perspective, GALE is soaring higher here on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once GALE takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $1.43, and then its 50-day moving average of $1.61 with volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades off a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 3,272,970 shares. At last check, GALE has hit an intraday high of $1.63 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 3,272,970 shares. If we get that action today or soon, look for GALE to make a run at $1.80 to $2.20 in the near-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV