OKLAHOMA CITY, May 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE) Chairman and CEO Pete Delaney today told shareholders gathered for the company's annual meeting that 2011 would be remembered not only for the extremes in weather, but also for OGE's numerous awards and accomplishments.
While the region saw blizzards, tornados, record-breaking heat and drought, which challenged OGE's employees and equipment, the company met record demand for electricity and gathered more natural gas than ever before. The year was capped off in December when OG&E was named the best utility in North America.
"I'm proud of this company and its employees, who went above and beyond in a challenging year," Delaney said. "Their efforts are reflected in the Utility of the Year recognition, J.D. Power and Associates® awards for residential and commercial customer satisfaction, and a best-in-class safety honor for Enogex, to name just a few of the year's successes."
Delaney added that OGE Energy had another strong year for financial performance, thanks to key infrastructure investments and operational excellence. "We invested a record $1.5 billion in our businesses in 2011, representing infrastructure critical to meeting our customers' needs," he said.At OG&E, the company's regulated electric utility, major investments include a nearly 600-mile expansion of the electric transmission system, smart technology with nearly 700,000 new meters installed so far, and wind power, which now accounts for more than 10 percent of total generating capacity. For Enogex, the midstream natural gas business, major investments include new natural gas processing plants that will increase processing capacity by 36 percent in 2013. "We expect at least another 6 to 10 percent increase in gathering volumes and at least 15 percent increase in processing volumes this year due to continued activity in the Granite Wash and Woodford Shale areas," Delaney said. "This is growth on top of the all-time-high gathering and processable volumes achieved in 2011." In voting announced at the annual meeting, OGE Energy shareholders approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation paid to named executive officers, ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as the company's principal independent accountants for 2012, and elected seven members of the company's board of directors to one-year terms:
- Wayne H. Brunetti, retired chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Xcel Energy Inc., was re-elected. He has been a director of OGE Energy and OG&E since August 2008.
- John D. Groendyke, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Groendyke Transport Inc., was re-elected. He has been a director of OGE Energy and OG&E since January 2003.
- Kirk Humphreys, chairman and manager of The Humphreys Company LLC, was re-elected. He has been a director of OGE Energy and of OG&E since November 2007.
- Robert Kelley, president of Kellco Investments Inc., was re-elected. He has been a director of OGE Energy and OG&E since December 1996.
- Robert O. Lorenz, retired partner of the Arthur Andersen accounting firm, was re-elected. He has been a director of OGE Energy and OG&E since July 2005.
- Judy R. McReynolds, president and chief executive officer of Arkansas Best Corporation, was re-elected. She has been a director of OGE Energy and of OG&E since July 2011.
- Leroy C. Richie, counsel to the law firm Lewis & Munday, P.C., was re-elected. He has been a director of OGE Energy and of OG&E since November 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV