An under-$10 name in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trading within range of a major breakout trade is Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS), which is engaged in antisense technology, exploiting a drug discovery platform to create a pipeline of drugs. This stock is off to a decent start in 2012, with shares up over 25%.
If you take a look at the chart for ISIS Pharmaceuticals, you'll see that this stock has been trading between $7 and $9.30 a share for the past six months. During that timeframe, ISIS has tested that $9.30 area a number of times but has failed to take it out. This stock is now making another attempt at finally breaking out above $9.30 a share. In fact, on Wednesday ISIS hit an intraday high of $9.37 a share before closing at $9.23. That $9.37 level is past overhead resistance from July of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV