An under-$10 stock in the broadcasting and cable TV complex that looks poised for significant upside is Emmis Communications (EMMS), a diversified media company principally focused on radio broadcasting. This stock is off to a monster start in 2012, with shares up over 110%.
If you take a look at the chart for Emmis Communications, you'll notice that this stock triggered a major breakout recently once it moved above some past overhead resistance at 90 cents to $1 a share with massive volume. That breakout sparked a huge spike higher in EMMS to its recent high of $1.72 a share. Since hitting that high, EMMS has pulled back to $1.16 a share and subsequently started to spike higher again towards its current price of around $1.40 a share. That move is pushing EMMS within range of triggering another big breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV