Learning Tree International (NASDAQ: LTRE) has announced the introduction of two new courses. SQL Server 2012: Administration Skills Upgrade and SQL Server 2012: Business Intelligence Skills Upgrade are skills upgrade SQL Server courses that provide the knowledge required to effectively migrate to SQL Server 2012. Participants will learn how to take advantage of the new features in SQL Server 2012.
“These hands-on courses allow participants to upgrade their skills in order to leverage the enhanced features of SQL Server 2012, and were specifically developed for those migrating from SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2005. Participants learn more by actually using the features in relevant exercises and are better able to apply what they’ve learned as soon as they are back at work,” said Jennifer Urick, Vice President of Product Development for Learning Tree International.
This skills upgrade SQL Server course provides practical, hands-on exercises that help administrators learn SQL skills that will enable them to migrate to SQL Server 2012. Participants will be taught the skills and knowledge they need to take advantage of the new features in SQL Server 2012. This course provides participants with the ability to build database availability solutions and exploit the new, upgraded administrator tools to gain maximum benefit for their organizations.Hands-on exercises include:
- Leveraging the new SQL Server 2012 administrative features
- Building database high availability solutions with AlwaysOn groups
- Implementing user-defined server roles to delegate responsibilities
- Taking advantage of the FileTable capabilities for storing large object data
- Configuring a contained database to achieve deployment flexibility
- Creating a columnstore index to improve decision support query performance