Microsoft (MSFT) is another massive technology name that's showing traders a bearish setup right now. The pattern to watch in MSFT is a double-top, a trading setup that's formed when a stock hits hard resistance twice at the same level, then reverses lower each time. The short signal comes when MSFT breaks down below the support level that separates the two tops.
That's especially troubling for MSFT shareholders. Shares closed below the $30 breakdown level in yesterday's session, a move that could be confirmed today with continuation below $30 early in Thursday's session. While the break of $30 we're seeing today is only on the edge of being material, it's an opportunity to build a starter position short MSFT. An RSI breakdown into oversold territory could accelerate the selloff even more in May.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV