The exact opposite pattern -- a descending triangle -- is forming in shares of Adobe Systems (ADBE). Adobe had been rallying hard for most of 2012, pushing the stock 14.5% higher since the first trading day of the new year, but the technical pattern in shares right now points to a reversal in that bull run.
Adobe currently has horizontal support at $32 and downtrending resistance has been in place since late March. The fact that Adobe has been able to catch a bid at $32 means that there are big implications if the stock can't bounce on another test of that level. That's why a break below that $32 support level makes Adobe a short candidate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV