Campus Crest Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCG), a leading developer, builder, owner and manager of high-quality, purpose-built student housing under The Grove® brand, today announced a partnership with SolarCity, a national leader in clean energy products and services, to install more than 9,000 solar panels on its student housing communities located in Greeley, Colorado; Flagstaff, Arizona; and Las Cruces, New Mexico. When complete, the initiative will:
- Provide more than 2.3 million kilowatt-hours of renewable power annually
- Offset electricity consumption by approximately 50 percent
- Eliminate over 80 million pounds of annual carbon dioxide emissions, the equivalent of taking approximately 7,000 cars off the road for a year.
Ted W. Rollins, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Campus Crest, and Andrew H. Young, Vice President and head of Campus Crest’s sustainability initiative said, “Sustainable living is central to our company philosophy and business practices, and we are pleased to find that our residents are equally as passionate about the concept. Shifting consumption towards clean energy will further our mission to be a leader in regenerative practices by using renewable sources to limit carbon emissions and reduce overall energy costs, which in turn allows us to provide our residents with cleaner, more energy efficient housing.
“This is a great start to our broader commitment to alternative energy and global regeneration, and clearly demonstrates that if you are thoughtful, you can balance economics with environmental and social agendas to create a thriving company. We continue to push our People & Planet initiatives across our platform, and across our industry-leading residence life programs."
“Campus Crest is showing future generations there are better energy options available by giving students access to renewable power,” said Toby Corey, Chief Revenue Officer at SolarCity. “It’s possible for many housing developers to pay less for solar electricity than they pay for utility power and pass on the benefits of clean power to their tenants—SolarCity has completed more than 100 solar projects for housing developments in the U.S.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV