HMS, a wholly owned subsidiary of HMS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:HMSY), announced today that it has been awarded a contract by the State of Colorado, Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Department), to perform third party benefits coordination, as well as tort and casualty, post payment, and estate recovery services.
“ HMS looks forward to maintaining our long-standing relationship with the Department so that we may continue to help Colorado preserve its Medicaid funds and promote the State’s ability to expand the program to more individuals,” said Maria Perrin, HMS Chief Business Officer.
HMS has provided third party liability and cost avoidance services to Colorado since 2001. During that time, HMS has recovered over $230 million on behalf of the State and helped achieve millions more in cost avoidance savings.
About HMSHMS is the nation's leader in coordination of benefits and program integrity services for healthcare payers. HMS's clients include health and human services programs in more than 40 states; commercial programs, including commercial plans, employers, and over 120 Medicaid managed care plans; the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); and Veterans Administration facilities. As a result of the company's services, clients recovered over $2 billion in 2011, and saved nearly $7 billion through the prevention of erroneous payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV