Black Box Corporation (NASDAQ:BBOX), a leading communications system integrator dedicated to designing, sourcing, implementing, and maintaining today’s complex communications solutions, announced today that its iCOMPEL™ controlled digital signage deployment at Joy Global has won Digital Screenmedia Association’s (DSA) prestigious Industry Excellence Award for 2012.
The DSA’s Industry Excellence Awards honor the best self-service, digital signage, and mobile technology deployments across all vertical market segments. Black Box and Joy Global received the award in DSA’s Best Corporate Communication Deployment category as judged by a 14-member panel of digital-out-of-home (DooH) industry leaders.
“We are very honored to receive this industry award,” said George Borden, Black Box’s Digital Signage National Sales Manager, who accepted the award at the 2012 DSA Party held at The City Club of San Francisco before the opening of Customer Engagement Technology World (CETW) in San Francisco. “Joy had a vision for signage and recognized the potential of the iCOMPEL platform and, as a result, have taken their internal and external communications to the next level.”
Active on five continents and with a network of 55 facilities, Joy Global is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of underground mining equipment. It administers its iCOMPEL signage network from its graphics/video production unit in Franklin, PA, where it also has extensive engineering and manufacturing operations.Joy Global said it chose iCOMPEL because of its ease of installation and intuitive software. It tested other manufacturers’ systems but found them complicated to use or short on functions. An integrated hardware/software solution, iCOMPEL features numerous layouts and tools for assembling and distributing content to digital signs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV