NEW YORK, May 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., a unit of Oppenheimer Holdings, is pleased to announce that Paul Vasilopoulos has joined the firm as Managing Director - Head of Telecom in the firm's Investment Banking Department. He will report to Marshall Heinberg, Oppenheimer's Head of Investment and Corporate Banking.
"Paul brings to our firm a solid understanding of the telecommunications sector and has been an experienced investment banker and strong manager of professional teams. We believe that he is the ideal candidate to head up our telecommunications group," said Marshall Heinberg.
Since 2009, Paul has worked at The Bank Street Group, where he was a Managing Director in its Communications Infrastructure and Services Group, focusing on data centers, broadband transport, competitive carriers, wireline, wireless and cable sectors. He has also served as a Managing Director in the Telecom and Media Group and as Head of Wireline Telecom and Internet Infrastructure Services at Deutsche Bank. Prior to Deutsche Bank, Paul worked at Morgan Stanley and Bear Stearns. He began his career as a systems engineer at AT&T – Bell Laboratories, where he developed new voice switching systems.
"Oppenheimer's entrepreneurial culture and successful investment banking practice will help me continue to build client relationships and deal flow," Mr. Vasilopoulos said.He earned his M.B.A. at The Wharton School, the University of Pennsylvania. He also earned an M.S. in electrical engineering at the University of California, Berkeley. At the Massachusetts of Technology, he earned his B.S. with a double major in electrical engineering and physics. "Paul has had a distinguished career as an experienced and highly regarded senior banker across a broad range of telecom subsectors. We are delighted that he will head up our Telecommunications group," Mr. Heinberg concluded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV