- Comparable store sales decreased 1.3%.
- Gross margin rate was 34.3% of net sales compared with 35.5% in the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Operating loss totaled $18.5 million, compared with an operating loss of $2.5 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
- EBITDA was $4.8 million, compared with $23.2 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2011. EBITDA is not a measure recognized under generally accepted accounting principles (see Note 1).
- Net loss totaled $40.8 million, or $2.23 per diluted share, compared with a net loss of $36.0 million, or $2.01 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2011. The first quarter of fiscal 2012 includes a net gain of $1.9 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, related to the Company’s sale of certain Rochester, NY locations and subsequent prepayment penalty on the extinguishment of its related mortgage debt. The first quarter of fiscal 2012 also reflects a charge of $2.8 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, for severance costs related to targeted reductions to the Company’s cost structure. The first quarter of fiscal 2011 includes a charge of $9.5 million, or $0.53 per diluted share, associated with the voluntary prepayment of the Company’s second lien term loan and the refinancing of its revolving credit facility.
The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Announces First Quarter Of Fiscal 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.