As of March 31, 2012, the eight ships under construction at Samsung Heavy Industries were on schedule and within budget. Of these eight ships, assembly was under way on the first two and steel cutting had commenced on the third and fourth ships. On April 8, 2012, the first ship was launched on schedule, for delivery during Q1 2013.
The two ships in the water in GasLog’s existing fleet, currently on multi-year charters to a subsidiary of BG Group plc, performed without any off-hire during the quarter ended March 31, 2012, thereby achieving full utilization for the period.
As of March 31, 2012, two of the newbuildings remain uncommitted and GasLog continues to hold options for two additional LNG carriers at Samsung Heavy Industries.LNG Industry Update GasLog believes the current supply and demand dynamics of the LNG industry are positive for LNG shipping. Recent announcements in the LNG industry regarding new LNG production projects are expected to create increased requirements for LNG carriers. Significant progress has been made on potential US exports, notably Cheniere Energy’s Sabine Pass project. If large LNG exports projects such as these are built, additional requirements for LNG carriers will emerge. In addition, the growth of Australia as an LNG exporter, and the large gas reserves in East Africa are expected to further drive the growth of the global LNG trade. GasLog believes the robust development of new LNG supply projects and growing global demand for natural gas is likely to drive the need for more LNG carriers. LNG project developers are typically large multinational oil and gas companies with exacting standards for safety and reliability. GasLog believes first class charterers will continue to engage experienced LNG shipowners to provide high quality LNG carriers for multi-year charter requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV