Forge a New Developer Strategy
"They need to take care of developers better," P.J. McNealy, founder of Digital World Research told TheStreet, citing a Facebook bias towards Zynga (ZNGA). "We have talked to a wide range of developers and they are frustrated because they perceive that Facebook devotes its resources and its promotions to Zynga, giving little incentive for developers to engage with Facebook."
Zynga, the company behind the popular Farmville and Mafia Wars games, accounted for 12% of Facebook's revenue in 2011 and 11% of the company's sales in the first quarter of 2012.McNealy, the author of Early Days: The Market for Social Gaming and Facebook's Potential Achilles Heel, feels that, with its reliance on Zynga, Facebook is missing a huge opportunity to tap a new pool of gaming talent. "The upside is that you get Angry Birds or Halo or some other ground-breaking game first on your platform," he said. "To take care of developers better, that means staffing up, being responsive, and maybe not going after every last dollar from them." Facebook, which has signed a deal with Zynga until 2015, retains up to 30% of the revenue from Zynga game sales on its platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV