- Based on independent radiological reviews, tivozanib demonstrated a statistically significant improvement in PFS with a median PFS of 11.9 months compared to a median PFS of 9.1 months for sorafenib in the overall (Intent To Treat) study population (HR=0.797, 95% CI 0.639–0.993; P=0.042). Objective response rate (ORR) for tivozanib was 33% compared to 23% for sorafenib (p=0.014). The efficacy advantage of tivozanib over sorafenib was consistent across subgroups in the study.
- In patients who were treatment naïve for advanced RCC (70% of total study population), tivozanib demonstrated a statistically significant improvement in PFS with a median PFS of 12.7 months compared to a median PFS of 9.1 months for sorafenib (HR 0.756, 95% CI 0.580–0.985; P=0.037). This is the longest median PFS reported to date in treatment naïve advanced RCC patients in a pivotal study.
- In the subpopulation of patients who were pretreated with systemic therapy including cytokines (30% of total study population), tivozanib demonstrated an improvement in PFS with a median PFS of 11.9 months compared to a median PFS of 9.1 months for sorafenib.
- Study results demonstrated favorable tolerability as evidenced by a distinctively low rate of dose interruptions and reductions. The most common adverse event (all grades/≥grade 3) for tivozanib was hypertension (T: 44%/25% vs S: 34%/17%) and for sorafenib was hand-foot syndrome (T: 13%/2% vs S: 54%/17%). Other adverse events included diarrhea (T: 22%/2% vs S: 32%/6%), fatigue (T: 18%/5% vs S: 16%/4%), and neutropenia (T: 10%/2% vs S: 9%/2%).
- The rate of dose interruptions due to adverse events was 18% for tivozanib compared to 35% for sorafenib (p<0.001).
- The rate of dose reductions was 14% for tivozanib compared to 44% for sorafenib (p<0.001).
AVEO And Astellas Announce Positive Findings From TIVO-1 Superiority Study Of Tivozanib In First-Line Advanced RCC
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.