Price per six-pack: $6.99
BeerAdvocate rating: 3.54 out of 5
Rate Beer rating: 2.85 out of 5
Yet another cost-efficient wit that is better than its price indicates. It's a bit sweeter than other wits and finishes with a bit more spice thanks to a healthy helping of ginger, but it's fairly mild and loaded with lemon and orange flavor. Like Widmer Brothers, Redhook is distributed and partially owned by A-B InBev. Also like Widmer, that relationship helps keep the costs down and the beer easy to find. Their snub-nosed bottles also make great conversation pieces when they share a cooler with a shiny 30 pack or generic brown-bottle brews.
-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham.>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV