Note to Editors: Not for dissemination or distribution in the United States
TORONTO, May 16, 2012 /CNW/ - Scotiabank (BNS: TSX, NYSE) today announced that Scotiabank Capital Trust, an open-end trust and wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, intends to redeem all issued and outstanding Scotiabank Trust Securities Series 2002-1 (Scotia BaTS II) on June 30, 2012. The redemption price per share will be equal to $1,000.00 per Scotia BaTS II plus unpaid indicated distributions to the June 30, 2012 redemption date. Formal notice will be delivered to the trust unit holders in accordance with the terms of the offering.
The redemption of the Scotia BaTS II will be financed out of the general funds of Scotiabank Capital Trust.
Scotiabank is one of North America's premier financial institutions and Canada's most international bank. With more than 77,000 employees, Scotiabank Group and its affiliates serve some 19 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world. Scotiabank offers a broad range of products and services including personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking. With assets above $637 billion (as at January 31, 2012), Scotiabank trades on the Toronto (BNS) and New York Exchanges (BNS). For more information please visit www.scotiabank.com.SOURCE Scotiabank
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV