American Tower Corp (AMT): Today's Featured Telecommunications Loser
American Tower (AMT) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, American Tower fell 95 cents (-1.4%) to $66.82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.78-$67.95 after having opened the day at $67.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.77. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Trunkbow International Holdings (TBOW), down 23.7%, MERU Networks (MERU), down 15.5%, magicJack VocalTec (CALL), down 13.7%, and Multiband Corporation (MBND), down 11.8%. American Tower Corporation, a real estate investment trust, operates as a wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company. It develops, owns, and operates communications sites. American Tower has a market cap of $26.52 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 50.9, equal to the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate American Tower a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American Tower as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV