POSCO (PKX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2%. By the end of trading, POSCO fell $2.25 (-2.8%) to $79.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 358,741 shares of POSCO exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 256,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $79.04-$80.40 after having opened the day at $79.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.29. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Anooraq Resources Corporation (ANO), down 23.8%, Great Basin Gold (GBG), down 12.5%, Augusta Resource Corporation (AZC), down 11.8%, and Avino Silver & Gold Mines (ASM), down 11%. POSCO engages in the manufacture and sale of steel products in Korea and internationally. POSCO has a market cap of $25.36 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.6, below the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of eight and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates POSCO a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates POSCO as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full POSCO Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PKX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV