AOL (AOL) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, AOL fell 35 cents (-1.3%) to $26.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of AOL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.60-$27.49 after having opened the day at $27.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.11. Other company's within the Internet industry that declined today were: Friendfinder Networks (FFN), down 10.9%, ExactTarget (ET), down 6.2%, Authentidate Holding Corporation (ADAT), down 5.8%, and Rediff.com India (REDF), down 5.8%. AOL Inc. operates as a Web services company that offers a suite of brands and offerings for the worldwide audience. Its business spans online content, products, and services for consumers, publishers, and advertisers. AOL has a market cap of $2.44 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 84.1, below the average internet industry P/E ratio of 86.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 72.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate AOL a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AOL as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive.
- You can view the full AOL Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AOL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV