Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. (BECN): Today's Featured Wholesale Winner
Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Beacon Roofing Supply rose 56 cents (2.2%) to $25.53 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 630,202 shares of Beacon Roofing Supply exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 412,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.13-$25.87 after having opened the day at $25.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.97. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: CE Franklin (CFK), up 4.9%, Navarre Corporation (NAVR), up 4.8%, Chindex International (CHDX), up 4.3%, and Chefs Warehouse Holdings (CHEF), up 3%. Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. distributes residential and non-residential roofing materials. Beacon Roofing Supply has a market cap of $1.18 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, below the average wholesale industry P/E ratio of 17.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Beacon Roofing Supply a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Beacon Roofing Supply as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Beacon Roofing Supply Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV