PPL Corp (PPL): Today's Featured Utilities Winner
PPL (PPL) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, PPL rose 28 cents (1%) to $27.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.7 million shares of PPL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.12-$27.45 after having opened the day at $27.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.09. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Energy Company of Parana (ELP), up 4%, Pure Cycle Corporation (PCYO), up 2.6%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (EBR), up 2.6%, and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (EBR.B), up 2.4%. PPL Corporation, an energy and utility holding company, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity to wholesale and retail customers in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has a market cap of $15.88 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.7, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate PPL a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PPL as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full PPL Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV