HSN (HSNI) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, HSN rose 76 cents (2.1%) to $37.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 743,446 shares of HSN exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 427,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.98-$37.86 after having opened the day at $36.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.94. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Bluefly (BFLY), up 6.3%, Sport Chalet (SPCHB), up 5%, Lentuo International (LAS), up 5%, and Blue Nile (NILE), up 3.1%. HSN, Inc. markets and sells a range of third party and private label merchandise primarily in the United States. HSN has a market cap of $2.09 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate HSN a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HSN as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full HSN Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HSNI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV