Quanta Services Inc. (PWR): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
Quanta Services (PWR) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Quanta Services rose 14 cents (0.6%) to $22.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Quanta Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.74-$23.10 after having opened the day at $22.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.60. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Continental Materials Corporation (CUO), up 15.8%, Valence Technology (VLNC), up 13.5%, PGT (PGTI), up 10.7%, and Highway Holdings (HIHO), up 7.4%. Quanta Services, Inc. provides specialty contracting services primarily in North America. Quanta Services has a market cap of $4.79 billion and is part of the materials & construction industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.9, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 24.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Quanta Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Quanta Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Quanta Services Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV