Affiliated Managers Group Inc (AMG): Today's Featured Financial Services Winner
Affiliated Managers Group (AMG) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Affiliated Managers Group rose 75 cents (0.7%) to $104.84 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 919,230 shares of Affiliated Managers Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 389,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $104.73-$107.35 after having opened the day at $105.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $104.09. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Siebert Financial Corporation (SIEB), up 9.1%, Security National Financial Corporation (SNFCA), up 7.5%, Legg Mason (LM), up 7.5%, and Ladenburg Thalman Financial Services (LTS), up 6%. Affiliated Managers Group, Inc., through its affiliates, operates as an asset management company providing investment management services to mutual funds, institutional clients, and high net worth individuals in the United States. It provides advisory or subadvisory services to mutual funds. Affiliated Managers Group has a market cap of $5.44 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 34.4, above the average financial services industry P/E ratio of 34.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Affiliated Managers Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Affiliated Managers Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Affiliated Managers Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV