Following its annual meeting of stockholders today, Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE: CLD), one of the largest U.S. coal producers and the only pure-play Powder River Basin (PRB) coal company, announced that the company’s stockholders have elected current directors Colin Marshall and Steven Nance to its Board of Directors to serve until Cloud Peak Energy’s 2015 annual meeting.
Cloud Peak Energy also announced that its stockholders:
- ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for the 2012 fiscal year; and
- approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of Cloud Peak Energy's named executive officers, as disclosed in its 2012 Proxy Statement.
Additional information about these proposals can be found in the company's proxy statement for the annual meeting, which was mailed to stockholders and filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
The voting results are based on the preliminary report of the company's inspector of election. Final results will be included in the company's current report on Form 8-K to be filed within four business days of the annual meeting.About Cloud Peak Energy ® Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE:CLD) is headquartered in Wyoming and is one of the largest U.S. coal producers and the only pure-play PRB coal company. As one of the safest coal producers in the nation, Cloud Peak Energy specializes in the production of low sulfur, subbituminous coal. The company owns and operates three surface coal mines in the PRB, the lowest cost major coal producing region in the nation. The Antelope and Cordero Rojo mines are located in Wyoming and the Spring Creek mine is located near Decker, Montana. With approximately 1,600 employees, the Company is widely recognized for its exemplary performance in its safety and environmental programs. Cloud Peak Energy is a sustainable fuel supplier for approximately 4% of the nation’s electricity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV