WILMERDING, Pa., May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wabtec Corporation (NYSE: WAB) today increased its regular quarterly dividend to 5 cents per share, from 3 cents per share. The new dividend rate will be payable initially Aug. 31, 2012 to shareholders of record Aug. 17, 2012.
Albert J. Neupaver, Wabtec's president and chief executive officer, said: "With our current financial performance and future outlook, we have ample financial strength to continue to invest in growth opportunities and return a portion of our cash flow to shareholders. We intend to review our policies periodically and adjust them based on Wabtec's ongoing performance and prospects."
Also today, at the company's annual meeting in Pittsburgh Wabtec shareholders elected four directors and approved other company proposals. Directors elected were: Brian P. Hehir, Michael W.D. Howell, Nickolas W. Vande Steeg and Gary C. Valade.
In addition, shareholders ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for the 2012 fiscal year and approved a non-binding proposal relating to executive compensation.Wabtec Corporation is a global provider of value-added, technology-based products and services for rail and industrial markets. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a range of products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles. The company also builds new switcher and commuter locomotives, and provides aftermarket services. The company has facilities located throughout the world. SOURCE Wabtec Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV