Another advantage is being able to sell networking gear to its existing customer base as a means of providing one-stop-shop services. This strategy too has now proven to have worked, or is, at the very least, currently working. Furthermore, the company continues to be underestimates when it comes to discussing its preparation for the cloud.
To that end, Brocade has taken a slightly different approach toward organization and deployment. The company understands that networks must be cloud-optimized at every critical point because companies will define not only the application performance but more importantly, the end-user experience. Though it lacks the history of both Cisco and HP, it does have a strong tradition in both data and storage networking.
As corporate IT spending fully recovers, there is a chance that Brocade will begin to see its stock price appreciate a bit more. But it stands to reason that as both Cisco and HP maintain their path toward resurgence, they will add increased pressure on smaller names such as Brocade.So far the company has shown that it is up to the challenge. Hopefully that will become evident when it reports its numbers. From an investment standpoint, until its P/E drops a bit more, I will keep it arm's length.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV