Another advantage is being able to sell networking gear to its existing customer base as a means of providing one-stop-shop services. This strategy too has now proven to have worked, or is, at the very least, currently working. Furthermore, the company continues to be underestimates when it comes to discussing its preparation for the cloud.
To that end, Brocade has taken a slightly different approach toward organization and deployment. The company understands that networks must be cloud-optimized at every critical point because companies will define not only the application performance but more importantly, the end-user experience. Though it lacks the history of both Cisco and HP, it does have a strong tradition in both data and storage networking.
As corporate IT spending fully recovers, there is a chance that Brocade will begin to see its stock price appreciate a bit more. But it stands to reason that as both Cisco and HP maintain their path toward resurgence, they will add increased pressure on smaller names such as Brocade.So far the company has shown that it is up to the challenge. Hopefully that will become evident when it reports its numbers. From an investment standpoint, until its P/E drops a bit more, I will keep it arm's length.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV