MetroPCS Chairman And Chief Executive Officer Welcomes FCC Inquiry Into Verizon Wireless Divestiture Plans
DALLAS, May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MetroPCS Communications, Inc.'s (NYSE: PCS) chairman and chief executive officer, Roger D. Linquist, today provided the following statement regarding the Federal Communications Commission's inquiry into Verizon Wireless' 700 MHz spectrum divestiture plans:
MetroPCS Communications, Inc. welcomes the Commission's request for additional information and commitments from Verizon Wireless in connection with its proposed divestiture of 700 MHz spectrum. Any efforts to get unused spectrum into the hands of those who would put it to immediate use will enhance competition and innovation and help ease the current spectrum crunch.
About MetroPCS Communications, Inc. Dallas-based MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) is a provider of no annual contract, unlimited wireless communications service for a flat-rate. MetroPCS is the fifth largest facilities-based wireless carrier in the United States based on number of subscribers served. With Metro USA(SM), MetroPCS customers can use their service in areas throughout the United States covering a population of over 280 million people. As of March 31, 2012, MetroPCS had approximately 9.5 million subscribers. For more information please visit www.metropcs.com.SOURCE MetroPCS Communications, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV