DALLAS, May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MetroPCS Communications, Inc.'s (NYSE: PCS) chairman and chief executive officer, Roger D. Linquist, today provided the following statement regarding the Federal Communications Commission's inquiry into Verizon Wireless' 700 MHz spectrum divestiture plans:
MetroPCS Communications, Inc. welcomes the Commission's request for additional information and commitments from Verizon Wireless in connection with its proposed divestiture of 700 MHz spectrum. Any efforts to get unused spectrum into the hands of those who would put it to immediate use will enhance competition and innovation and help ease the current spectrum crunch.
About MetroPCS Communications, Inc. Dallas-based MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) is a provider of no annual contract, unlimited wireless communications service for a flat-rate. MetroPCS is the fifth largest facilities-based wireless carrier in the United States based on number of subscribers served. With Metro USA(SM), MetroPCS customers can use their service in areas throughout the United States covering a population of over 280 million people. As of March 31, 2012, MetroPCS had approximately 9.5 million subscribers. For more information please visit www.metropcs.com.SOURCE MetroPCS Communications, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV