NCR Corporation today launched NCR Express Key a hotel check-in kiosk that lets guests who have checked in online or via a mobile collect their room key without queuing at reception, meeting consumers’ needs for the same convenience and speed they get with airline and car rental check-in.
Research conducted by Opinion Research Corporation (ORC) on behalf of NCR found that 76% of people said being able to check-in ahead of time would minimize potential frustration, and 41% indicated they would be more likely to select a hotel that offers the convenience of advanced check-in via web or mobile device over one that does not.
NCR Express Key, part of an advanced hotel check-in solution portfolio that optimizes the mobile experience, allows guests who have checked in via online or mobile channels to bypass the front desk and obtain room keys by scanning a printed or mobile-delivered confirmation barcodes, NFC enabled mobile devices or mobile acoustic keys. The low-profile kiosk can be placed on counters or table tops throughout a hotel, in elevator lobbies and other convenient locations, giving more options to guests who have lost their keys, left keys in their rooms or arrive at their rooms to find that keys will not work.
Despite widespread adoption of mobile in other areas of travel, few hotels offer the convenience that consumers say they want. Survey results found that while 65% of respondents have booked a hotel room either online or via mobile device, only 20% have actually checked in using either of those methods. Yet if it were available, 57% of those surveyed indicated they would check in online or via mobile.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV