Abercrombie & Fitch
The retailer reported on Wednesday first-quarter net income of $3 million, or 3 cents a share, down from year-earlier earnings of $25.1 million, or 28 cents.
Abercrombie was forecast by analysts to post first-quarter profit of 2 cents a share."The deterioration in international sales trends is concerning, especially given the company's aggressive growth plans in Europe and adds further uncertainty to the story," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a report on Wednesday. "However, the company is using other levers to deliver EPS and the depressed valuation already reflects these trends, in our view." Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch hit a 52-week low on Wednesday of $38.71. The stock's 52-week high of $78.25 was set on June 21. Abercrombie & Fitch trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 8.62 times; the average for apparel retailers is 14.28. For comparison, Urban Outfitters (URBN) has a higher forward P/E of 14.8. Eighteen of the 34 analysts who cover Abercrombie rated it hold. Fourteen analysts rated the stock a buy and two gave the stock a sell rating. The stock has fallen 21.29% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV