Google (GOOG) is a global technology company focused on improving the ways people connect with information. This stock is trading up 2.7% at $627.99 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.1 millionAverage Volume: 2.4 million Volume % Change: 57% From a technical perspective, GOOG is soaring here back above its 50-day moving average of $620.73 with decent volume. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as GOOG is trending above its 50-day, and if it can manage to close near its daily highs. At last check, GOOG has hit an intraday high of $630.10. If we continue to see that price action, then GOOG should have no problem with tagging its next significant overhead resistance level at $653 to $658 in the near future. On the flipside, I would avoid any long trades if GOOG closes back below its 50-day with heavy volume. Google, one of SAC Capital's holdings, shows up on a recent list of 10 Stocks Poised to Rise in Apple's Wake.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV