MIAMI BEACH, Fla., May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Divine Skin Inc. (OTCBB: DSKX), a leading developer of personal-care products, announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2012. Net revenue was $1.98 million, compared to $2.25 million in the same quarter of 2011. Gross margin improved significantly, to more than 50 percent or $1.05 million, comparable to last year's quarterly result of $1.10 million. Net loss for the quarter was $428,000, compared to $192,000 for the first quarter of 2011.
Highlights from the first quarter include
- Introduction of API System 9 to physicians
- Two new compounds identified that trigger processes for improved hair growth
- Spectral.F7 study was completed with 15 volunteers showing a significant global improvement in hair counts and density
- A new scalable $1.5 million line of credit
- New distribution by United Natural Foods for the NutraOrigin brand
- Extensive regulatory compliance in preparation for launch in various overseas markets.
- Reformulation of the popular Revita shampoo for superior cosmetic benefits while retaining the well-established therapeutic results.
Divine Skin CEO Daniel Khesin stated, "We are on track to see the kind of explosive growth this year that we have witnessed for last year," he concluded. "In 2012, we are projecting $15 million in revenue. That's more than 50 percent growth over 2011."
"So far this year we have closed new deals for more high-margin products, and we have added several new distribution outlets for all items. Such rapid expansion demands greater marketing and inventory expenditures, but we fully expect these investments to bear fruit in the next few quarters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV