SciQuest, Inc., (NASDAQ: SQI) a leading provider of on-demand source-to-settle solutions, today announced the newest version of Enterprise Reagent Manager (ERM), the industry-leading solution for managing chemicals and materials used in research. ERM Version 7.0 enables research organizations to better manage inventory and comply with key industry standards, streamlining the purchasing process for reagents and supplies. SciQuest ERM is used in labs (ranging in size from tens to thousands of researchers) in the United States, Europe and Asia.
SciQuest ERM enables users to quickly find, source and track commercial chemicals and other critical research materials. By integrating with procurement platforms, ERM empowers researchers and other key staff to view supplier catalogs, preferred pricing, internal inventory and commercial databases through a single interface, increasing efficiency and visibility into spending and inventory. In addition, SciQuest ERM ensures regulatory compliance while managing the risks associated with hazardous materials. ERM 7.0 features an enhanced user interface for managing materials and Global Harmonization Standard (GHS) compliance for hazard material classification and improved container management.
“Research organizations are managing and using thousands of chemicals – many of them hazardous –with their own rules regarding storage and use,” said Tom Russell, general manager, Enterprise Solutions, SciQuest. “We’ve introduced a number of new capabilities in response to our customers’ feedback to help them acquire and manage research materials more easily, while simultaneously meeting the control requirements of oversight agencies like the DHS. Our solution is an integral part of any strategic procurement initiative, helping utilize and reduce inventory, while promoting strategic purchasing processes and suppliers for organizations of all sizes.”
New features in ERM Version 7.0 include:
- Open architecture—ERM is migrating to a popular open-source application framework, providing a more stable, robust web service environment, and ensuring flexibility and scalability for future growth.
- Core container and material data model and capabilities completely updated to align with current best practices, simplify and personalize user interfaces and facilitate integration with leading EHS content providers like 3E Company.
- Improved support for grant-funded research—Items purchased for a particular project or under a specific grant may now be automatically reserved for use until released for use by others.
- GHS compliance—ERM physical hazard classifications is fully aligned with the Global Harmonization Standard (GHS) classification of chemical hazards – a standard now being rolled out in Europe and Asia, and recently adopted by OSHA for hazard communication in U.S. workplaces.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV