NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Monday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Friday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Valero Energy (VLO), Mattel (MAT), Snyders-Lance (LNCE) and Carlisle (CSL).
The petroleum refining company reported on May 1 a first-quarter loss of $432 million, or 78 cents a share, a reversal from year-earlier income of $104 million, or 18 cents a share.
"We retain our view that the US refiners are on the cusp of a secular rerating over the next several years and still believe it is too early to call the end to seasonal strength of the US refining sector," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a May 2 report. "In our view, WTI-Brent will widen with North Sea downtime in the coming weeks and with a tough quarter behind them alongside organic growth and significant leverage to exports and low natural gas prices, VLO remains our Top Pick in the sector."Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 2.7%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV