I am long-term bearish Apple because, with Steve Jobs gone and Tim Cook set to react as opposed to act, the company's best days are likely behind it. It will go from being great and dominant to merely good and cooperative. Pandora sits on the cusp of the type of breakout growth that shot stocks like Lululemon (LULU) and Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) to stratospheric, yet well-deserved multiples.
I will continue to buy Pandora whether it tanks 38.3% or rises another 38.3% after earnings because Westergren leads it along with other entrepreneur types, incredibly competent businesspeople and a staff that seems to buy into one of the key messages perpetual start-ups live by.
Our culture emphasizes rapid innovation and prioritizes user engagement over short-term financial results.
Another Facebook risk -- that revenue will suffer as usage goes mobile and the company works to monetize it -- applies to Pandora as well. Let the bears stay away from companies like Facebook and Pandora. Let them get short. It might make for a nice swing trade from time to time, but it will fail miserably as a long-term investment philosophy.Specific to Pandora, please allow me to methodically spell out the confluence of factors that makes me so bullish as to buy the company's stock at any price:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV