National Presto Industries Stock Downgraded (NPK)
- NPK has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.81, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- NPK, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income has decreased by 17.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $11.36 million to $9.34 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $11.66 million or 46.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts